Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

12:00 AM


Anna and the French KissTitle: Anna and the French Kiss 
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Release: December 2, 2010
Pages: 372
Series: None (Well there is a companion book, but I won't count that)
Synopsis:  

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?

Review:
I got this a long while back and wasn't sure when I would get the chance to read it. I had one major fear that was the main reason I didn't read it earlier; what if it didn't live up to the hype? I can gladly say that it did live up to it all; in fact, I may have found a new contender for my Top Ten Books. This book successfully matched humor with romance, but it never felt rushed. There was no instant love; there was a classic boy meets girl, and it played out in a truly enjoyable way. Anna was a quirky, amazing characters; realistic and fun to read about, she was a great main character. When a character is able to teach you about things about love, that makes for a remarkable reading experience. St. Clair was just as fun to read about, he had depth and humor rolled up into his characteristics. He dealt with his life in a realistic manner and was never annoying or over exaggerated. Even the secondary characters were deep, all with a sense of background and emotion.

Stephanie Perkins has a way of writing that entraps the reader's attention, she wrote with finesse it showed in the way she could turn an awkward situation into one with comedy and heart at the same time. The plot was one that kept moving no matter what, demonstrating the love aspect along with other themes that showed morals and more. At the end of the day, Anna and the French Kiss was just as good as the hype proclaimed; perhaps even better. It marked itself as one of my favorite contemporary books I've read ever, a high honor to me because of the fact that I often do not enjoy this genre. I give Anna and the French Kiss a 5/5 for being an awesome read that I'd recommend to any fan of YA.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Annnnnnnnaaaaaa! I LOVE this book... it's just the perfect balance of sweet and fun and romantic, and I'm SO glad you loved it! Stephanie just takes something that's been done over and over and makes it something splendid. ADORE. Fab review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I just loved this book!

      Delete
  2. Great review! It sounds like something I would love to read! Putting it on my tbr list now!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll love it! Glad you want to read it!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader