Brightest Kind of Darkness by PT Michelle

7:02 PM

Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness #1)Title: Brightest Kind of Darkness
Author: PT Michelle
Publisher: Patrice Michelle
Release: June 27, 2011
Series: Brightest Kind of Darkness #1
THANKS TO THE AUTHOR FOR THE REVIEW COPY.
Synopsis:
Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.


Review:
When I got contacted by PT Michelle in regards to reviewing her latest young adult novel, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I didn't know how addictive, mysterious or romantic this one novel could be. Did I mention I very much enjoyed this book?

My first thought on this cover was "Why have I not seen this before?" shortly followed by *drool*. Needless to say, I adore this cover. The way that the fonts are simple with the cover model in a vibrant red dress. Just brought the cover together nicely. I also like the addition of the raven feathers against the autumn forest and how it is foreshadowing for the book. The cover came together in a truly haunting fashion that will keep a potential buyer's eye over many other books.

I will not lie, I have a large crush on Ethan. There, I said it. Now that that is off my chest, I really did enjoy the main characters for various reasons. The only characters I did not care for were most of the secondary characters because I felt they did not get enough attention throughout the book. My only other large problem with this book lies in the fact that the main characters fell in love too instantaneously for my tastes. I know I say this about a lot of books, but I find it really takes away from the strength of the characters and plot. My favourite character of this book was definitely Ethan, because I often agreed with his opinions, though Nara did find a place in my heart with how she was not afraid to save others.

The storyline of this book took the reader on a mysterious journey; one of unknown forces at work and gorgeous guys with dark secrets. I loved the fact that you were rooting for the 'good guys' even when you didn't know who/ what the 'bad guy' was. I loved all of the twists that came at all of the best times, throwing off any predictions the reader might have. The writing was also enjoyable, though it was simple. Saying that, it was not simple in a negative way, just not too complex. The end was good too, and I cannot wait for the second book to be released.

I would reccomend this book to anyone who enjoys mysterious paranormal books with some romance involved. Overall, I would give this book a 4/5 for having great aspects that overpowered the minor flaws.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm definitely intrigued with this one! And I agree, the cover is pretty stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is beautiful but the synopses doesn't pull me in. Maybe someday! This is the first I'm hearing of this book so thanks for putting it out there!


    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader