Night Star by Alyson Noel

8:08 PM

Title: Night Star
Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release: November 16, 2010
Rating: 4/5
Pages: 302
Series: The Immortals
Synopsis:
After fighting for centuries to be together, Ever and Damen’s future hinges on one final showdown that will leave readers gasping for breath. Don’t miss this explosive new installment of the #1 bestselling series that’s enchanted millions across the world!

Haven still blames Ever for the death of her boyfriend Roman, no matter how hard Ever’s tried to convince her it was an accident. Now she’s determined to take Ever down…and destroy Damen and Jude along the way. Her first step is to tear Ever and Damen apart—and she has just the ammunition to do it.

Hidden in one of Ever’s past lives is a terrible secret about Damen—a secret that illuminates new facts about her relationship with Jude, but that’s so dark and brutal it might be enough to drive her and Damen apart once and for all. As Ever faces her greatest fears about the guy she wants to spend eternity with, she’s thrust into a deadly clash with Haven that could destroy them all.

Now it’ll take everything she’s got—and bring out powers she never knew she had—to face down her most formidable enemy. But in order to win, she must first ask herself: is her own survival worth dooming Haven to an eternity of darkness in the Shadowland? And will learning the truth about Damen’s past hold the key to their future?


Review:
As always, I've read the rest of the series and I will review them too after I have caught up to myself with all the books I've recently read.

Guess when I got this one? That's right! I've had it on pre-order since the last one came out! So I ended up getting it on the day it came out and it took me all of two days to read it. I read it that fast. I liked it that much.

The cover of this book is great. You can't see it above but it has shiny highlights on the bottle and on the back cover on the covers of the other books. I absolutely love the little stars and the shiny thing on the cap of the bottle. They're just really pretty. I also like the orange color and red color scheme. I love those two colors so the book is very visually appealing to me.

The story for this book was great. I found it to be a great improvement to other volumes of this series. I really felt though that the next book will top it all. That this book was almost setting up for the next one that will probably blow all of our socks off. But for now, she left us with a great build up to a finale that I can't wait to read. I just need to know what happens to Ever and Damen and Jude and EVERYONE!

The characters in this book were good. I really like all the guys from the lovable Miles to the hotty Damen to the surfer boy Jude. I like them all but my favorite is Miles. He's funny in even the darkest of times. And he's also adventurous and will never ever (haha never ever, get it? Bad pun...) let Ever down, even if she's an Immortal and kept a ton of secrets from  him, he still wants to be her friend. And then there's Haven. Haven is the ultimate love to hate character. She made the transformation from shy BFF to Ever's arch enemy in such a short span but you still feel like she's still there under it all but you also just love to hate her at the same time. It takes great writing to be able to pull that kind of feelings off in a reader, and I definitely congratulate Alyson for that.

Overall, this book did have some flaws, but it ended up making up for them here and there. I would recommend this book to anyone who has read the rest of The Immortals Series.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I just finished read the first book in this series so I decided that I'd better not read this review..don't want any spoilers. Just dropping by on the Blog Hop. Got a late start on the hop today.
    Happy week-end.
    -Anne
    http:headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader