The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

4:36 PM

Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release: July 27, 210
Rating: 5/5
Pages: 359
Series: The Iron Fey Series
Synopsis:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Review:
I've been putting off reviewing this one for one simple reason. I don't know how to explain how much I loved it. But, I got this one at the same time that I got the Iron King as they were both there and were 2 for $15 and everyone seemed to love them. And as I mentioned before the covers are just gorgeous. And then there's the obvious that I just finished the Iron King and had to read on and find out what happened next. I had to.

In this installment of the Iron Fey Series, Meghan goes through a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. She has to deal with everything from being ignored and spoken down to by the love of her life and then she also almost gets killed by the love of her life. Yep, not such an average day for a sixteen year old. Even through all of this though, I still felt like Meghan was Meghan and she stayed true to the original character that she was, but also grew within that same character immensely. And the other main character factor for me in this book was the boys. I'm now a proud member of Team Ash. That's right, team freaking Ash. This book did it for me and I just loved how Ash was doing everything he did to protect her. Don't get me wrong! I still like Puck, but I just think that Ash is a better pick for Meghan.

The cover was following the same theme as the Iron King and the next book, The Iron Queen. First off, let me just say that I love the glossy highlights on the covers. They are gorgeous. It's way to bad that you can't see them in the above picture, but they are on top of the swirly vines for those who haven't yet seen the book. The other thing I love about the covers are the picture and the font used. They, as I have said before and I will say again, are so fitting to the books and they are also just very visually appealing. The covers will jump out at you from a mile away and make you want to buy/ read the books.

In these books my absolute favorite part if I had to pick, would be Julie's writing style. It's very fun. But at the same time it's also extremely descriptive and interesting to read. That being said, the other part of the book that is just as great is the setting. The setting was great in the first book. And I'm happy to say that the Iron Daughter lived up to, and surpassed my expectations setting wise, that I made after reading the phenomenal first book.

Overall, this book was even better than the first one. I didn't think it would be possible but she did it! I can't wait to read the Iron Queen after reading this one and I will be counting down.

 


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great review! I can't wait to read this, I loved the first one so much.
    Just stopping by for the Hop, am now a new follower! Hoping you could return the favour if you have the time. =]

    Bella @ www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Iron Queen is sitting on my Kindle. I got it for review from NetGalley. I am disappointed that I can't read it immediately but I have other books that I need to read and review before their publication dates. The publication of The Iron Queen is further out. I guess I'll just have to be patient. The other books in my queue should be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your so lucky! I just can't wait to read the iron queen

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book is sitting on my shelf, i loved The Iron King. i'm waiting till i have The Iron Knight before i read the rest of the series. i have to say that The Iron Queen has the best cover of them all, other than The Iron Knight simply because it's Ash. :D and yes, TEAM ASH! < 3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader