Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

4:05 PM

Title: Hush Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release: September 27, 2009
Rating: 5/5
Pages: 391
Series: Hush Hush Series
Synopsis:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


Review:
This is a book that I've meant to get around to for what seems like forever. I picked it up and then it just sat on my shelf forever until I just recently started to catch up in my reading. I then remember ed I had this book and read it in a day and just loved it. A lot. I mean a lot, a lot.

The first thing you see about any book is it's cover. When I saw Hush, Hush's cover, I was intrigued by it. There was something dark and different about how it didn't try and make the story seem all light and happy. It was a great, amazing, epic match for the story and it really grabs the attention of potential readers above other covers. It's just such a cool dark cover.

The characters in this book were great. I liked Patch a lot though as he wasn't the standard young adult love interest. He was rude and annoying and I just loved it. The way he could turn anything around and interpret it in a way to both annoy Nora and to make him very appealing to a reader. Vee was another character that I thoroughly enjoyed as well. She was realistic, in that we all have a friend or know someone like her. Someone who likes to exaggerate things even though you know it's not true but you love them for it anyway. And then there's Nora. Nora was a great protagonist for this type of novel. She started out not believing and didn't fall for any of his tricks or didn't outwardly show it. She stayed strong through and through and for that I ended up really liking her.

The story and writing in this book were just amazing. The story took all sorts of sharp un-foreseeable turns that made the storyline original, unpredictable and amazing. The writing was also good in this book. It was very original in how the story got to where it was going and it makes me want to run down to the nearest bookstore and buy Crescendo.

All and all, Hush, Hush was a great read that will leave you begging for more. It really delivered and that's why it gets a 5/5 in my books. What did you guys think of this one?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hopping by from Follow Friday. I am following you and would love it if you follow me back! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader