Night World Volume 1 by LJ Smith

6:38 PM

Title: Night World Volume 1
Author: LJ Smith
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release: June 3, 2008
Rating: 4/5
Series: Night World Series
Synopsis:
Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters -- they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World.
In Secret Vampire, Poppy thought the summer would last forever. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World.
Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans in Daughters of Darkness. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring the girls back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend.
Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic in Spellbinder.

Review:

Yes, I had to review it sooner or later. The one, the only, Night World Volume 1. First off, I just adore LJ Smith's writing and all her books. She is a big part of why I started to seriously read. I read these back in 2009 and fell in love with her style. Even though I had seen it a million times, I had never bothered with and stuck to what I thought was mainstream such as Twilight. I literally judged a book by it's cover. Boy could I have not been proved more wrong by my choice. from page one the book sucked me in and wouldn't let me go until I had finished to the very last page. This for the longest time was my favorite book and then I read The Hunger Games, but that's a completely different story.

As I said before, I really don't care for the covers that much. To me when I saw them before they were recommended to me, they quite frankly looked like a boring adult book or just some vampire wannabe novel that was just trying to ride the whole vampire fad. Turns out it wasn't but that's what I'm notorious for, judging books by their covers. So in my opinion, the cover isn't up to the books standards.

All together the book was great and I loved how the stories all come back and connect with each other in their own unique way. But their was one story I didn't particularly care for and that was Spellbinder, the third story in this bind-up. I didn't like how it ended but then nothing was really said about what happens to them later. They just disappear. It just disapointed me but in actual fact it wasn't that bad a story, it just didn't match the quality of the other stories in there.

Even though a lot of people don't like this book, I really loved it. It had the paranormal (especially vampire) romance I love with some plot to it. It was just perfect for me. Since then I have read other books that are much deeper and now I can see how this book may get repetitive, but all and all I think this book deserves a lot more credit then it gets in the YA Blogosphere.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I love getting feedback or just say Hi!

Blog Lovin

Follow

Currently Reading

Walt Disney: An American Original

NetGalley

Professional Reader